From: Asher Royce Yaffee <ashersensei@gmail.com>
To: tml@simplelists.com
Sent: Saturday, 12 April 2014 7:45 AM
Subject: [TML] Using Traveller to teach my kids science.

Hi, All,
   I dropped out of the Traveller TML a few years back.  In the last two weeks, however, my children have become interested in playing Traveller.
   With my kids, I use roleplaying games to teach.  For example, my kids have learned plenty about the ancient Greeks & Romans, and about medieval Japan.
   Now my kids want powered armor and spaceships instead of swords and chariots.  I see it as a chance to teach some simple science.  Their ages are 8, 10, and almost 12.  My kids have not learned any algebra yet, so I have to be careful about any prerequisite math in the science I introduce.
   I was hoping that the TML members might be able to help, if I may be so bold as to impose.

   My first question is, what science lessons would you like to see inserted into my kids' Traveller adventures?

   Any and all feedback is welcome.
   Sincerely,
Asher Royce
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives..simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to listmom@travellercentral.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=5drlLBd05IdvHwuVEUngRg8zVHWVijPG