I don't game Traveller RPG, but IMHO until now real-World customers of ships most often ask - what can't it do?
In the end however they find ways of making the design do precisely that!

Greg

On 13 April 2014 00:19, William Ewing (via tml list) <nobody@simplelists.com> wrote:
This email was sent from yahoo.com which does not allow forwarding of emails via email lists. Therefore the sender's email address (dw_ewing@yahoo.com) has been replaced with a dummy one.

The customer does NOT necessarily need to specify 1 &2 - just say "fast" or "good performance", and leave it to the architect to interpret. Which may make or break said architect, depending on his interpretation...

Also, armaments, safe rooms, specialty things like solar sails for those entering low-tech regattas...

> 1. Jump performance
> 2. Maneuver performance
> 3. Number of staterooms
> 4. Required cargo space
> 5. Additional Common space
>
> Specialty areas (e.g., the animal holding areas of the Safari ship)
> would be classed as Additional Common Space for this discussion; things
> like the Bridge and fuel storage are automatic, and not specified by the
> customer unless the customer specifies (e.g.) "It has to be able to make
> two jumps without refueling."
>
> What else is Sales Guy going to need to know before handing a spec sheet
> to the Naval Architect for plans to be handed to the yard?

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to listmom@travellercentral.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JydxSB9tZc6TS63HiAHJcg6SAwighNGJ