On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Jeffrey Schwartz <schwartz.jeffrey@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Timothy Collinson
<timothy.collinson@port.ac.uk> wrote:

> Well, I did think of that at one point, but you may have missed the whole
> point of this luxury yacht for a Count (costing if I recall 3/4 billion
> Credits or something) where no expense is spared.  So it's not really an
> option in this case.  But good thought.
>
> On the other hand, the tight space is where all his *servants* have to
> squeeze in - so why should the Count care!  Also gives the
> servants something to do - no room for the automated equipment!

Deckplan the servant staterooms as "Occupancy: 12"
They're normal sized, but instead of beds have two sets triple-tier
hammocks that are hot-bunked.
Well, sort of hot bunked: you unhook yours,and fold it around your
bundle of personal belongings and then hook it to the wall when you
get up in the morning.  Personal item allowance is a 25cm x 25cm by
25cm box, padded on the outside to use as a pillow in your hammock.
No spare uniforms - the clothing issue is super-gortex-ish, you take
it in the shower with you before going on duty, and it takes 30
seconds to dry.

The rest of the servant stateroom space goes to the hot tub, etc.
-----
Forget the hammocks, just give them sleeping bags hung on the walls and from the celling and then turn off the gravity in the crews quarters. :-)

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: