For a beautiful worked example of this technique, see this classic Twilight Zone episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Ending narration: "The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices - to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill...and suspicion can destroy...and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own - for the children...and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is...that these things cannot be confined...to the Twilight Zone."

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Jeffrey Schwartz <schwartz.jeffrey@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Bruce Johnson
<johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2014, at 9:44 AM, Jeffrey Schwartz <schwartz.jeffrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> T4 laid bare the origins of the 3I as a mercantile empire in the ‘Zhunastu School of Contact’. See also “World Bank” and “Shock Doctrine”. Also see entire US foreign policy vis-a-vis central America for most of the 20th century.
>>>

>> Or, perhaps, Hernan Cortes (Cortez?) - 11 ships, 500 men, 13 horses
>> and a small number of cannons, and he took down the Aztec.
>
> Cortez also had the help of other enemies of the Aztec as well as divisions within the Aztec empire as well.

Which would be pretty much the case across the board, wouldn't it?
Multiple factions in all these countries, and the US plays them one
against the other.
Or the First Contact protocols...
-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to listmom@travellercentral.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=PltOdItWBSgOP4y0Q6abkGbDI1eus0lz

--
Craig Berry (http://google.com/+CraigBerry)
"Eternity is in love with the productions of time." - William Blake