From: "Dave" <deltadave@usa.net>
To: tml@simplelists.com
Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:37:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TML] What does Engineering look like?

I always think of submarine engineering spaces when imagining starship spaces. They have similar problems to solve, albeit with very different tech.

http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/content/binary/muskegon/img_0927.jpg

Dave
Your 'reality', sir, is lies and balderdash,
and I'm delighted to say that I have no
grasp of it whatsoever.
                      - Baron Munchausen

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Joseph Hallare <jrchallare@gmail.com> wrote:
On smaller ships the Engineering section is very much in your face
with all the guts exposed with the controls adjacent.

In larger craft with more space at disposal the guts could be well
hidden behind panels with a profusion of conduits between modular
components. The controls are now in their own compartment. You could
make it a booth with a large window overlooking the raw Engineering
Section for window dressing if you don't want visitors crawling
through the tubes.

http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=zZOCJCw2BI9jPrGTB4OJoibiHbbTEiok