On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Christopher Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com> wrote:
On Apr 4, 2015, at 6:36 AM, Postmark <postmark.design@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 4 Apr 2015, at 07:35, Richard Aiken <raikenclw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Your $12,500.00 Stretch Goal could be this:
>>
>>  http://www.jtfbus.com/item.cfm?ID=13503&gclid=CjwKEAjw9PioBRDdpqy0-ofG3DgSJAACe5NE46sND-ZTakwqzLOfdGiXl3zhfCdjvU5MgzLZBrLNsRoCOqHw_wcB

Actually, I misread the price. It's actually *only* $11,499. :)

> That seems very expensive, compared to, say, this (from the top of my google search)
> http://www.promultis.info/portfolio-item/promultis-table

Not really. Referring to their *purchase* price list (as distinct from their rental price list) - and after converting from English pounds to US dollars - an item of roughly the same size/performance falls into roughly the same price range.

> The 84" 4K display might be a bit heavy for backpacking and I think that you'll need an actual,
> not digital, referee's screen...
>
> Phil Kitching

The thing that would really make it a development project would be the touch screen. I could do it without touch screen for $1000 + the cost of the table. Touch would multiply that by 4x ~ 10x.

Agreed. But touch screen would best mimic the utility of a traditional battlemap . . . unless the idea is to simply project a map and let the player use regular minis on it? That is, a mix of high- and low-tech?

--
Richard Aiken

"Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
"We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester