Top of my morning Timothy,

Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:47 AM
Subject: Re: [TML] Re[2]: [TML] Dark River

>>I have a separate box easily accessible that has my first edition LBB and the Best of JTAS #1 in which I found a two magazines and a

>I've been digging through some of the bankers boxes on my shelves and being reminded about treasures too.  Always fun!  Had completely forgotten I >had issues 3-6 of _Jumpspace_ which I was only wondering about yesterday.

The furthest I have gotten is the easily accessible box, the other box in my room is buried under a layer or two of books.

>>adventure. The first was published by San Diego State University students, which had something about the space shuttle back in 1981, but nothing >>Traveller related.

>OK, phew.  Don't have to worry about that then.  (Not, I'm sure that it wouldn't be interesting - but I have to draw the line at some point.)

Well, I picked up the magazine when I gamed on campus to kind of support two cousins attending the college and got me into one of their gaming days while stationed at FLTASWTRACENPAC (Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center Pacific) as an instructor. The space shuttle was the main reason I got the magazine.

>>The second magazine is Alien Star Issue 6 December 1981 published in the UK. The adventure is titled The Evening Star with a copyright of 1979. >>Both of these are Traveller related, have they been incorporated into your material?

>Yes, fortunately I have Alien Star #6 (anyone looking to sell #1-3 or #7 & 9?  I have 8 but the cover is half missing).  That will appear in any future >periodical bibliography that covers all the old classic fanzines.

Now I’m really looking forward to the next editions of the bibliographies.

>The Evening Star is included in the Traveller Bibliography (p.12) - at least I assume it's the same thing.  You describe it as an adventure although I had >it listed under 'astrography: worlds' as, if my notes are correct it's mostly a world description (well, space colony) with a short sample scenario >included.

I was inaccurate in calling “The Evening Star” an adventure I should have quoted the first sentence under the heading of How to Use the Evening Star “...to be a setting for the play of role-playing science fiction campaigns.” My second look at the book today (04/19) resulted in discovering that I don’t have the deck plan.

>But thanks for spotting them both.  Always happy to hear of material I might not have or might not know about.  I appreciate it's a mug's game, but >would like to *think* my bibliographies were as exhaustive as they could be.  It's quite interesting looking at the liminal items and considering why >things make the cut (or don't).

I have found that your bibliographies are extremely good for finding Traveller material in my collection. Thank you for putting them together, which has saved me a lot of time looking up information.

>While I'm here... for everyone else:

>would you prefer a magazine bibliography of
>- all the old, sometimes pretty low quality or obscure, classic Traveller articles from way back
>- or the more current stuff in the 'mainstream' periodicals such as online JTAS, Freelance Traveller [1], Stellar Reaches and so on?

>Eventually I'd love to do them all, but which would be more useful in the first instance if I tried to break the (massive) job up a bit?

>A resounding silence might encourage me to do something more productive with life...

>tc

>[I should note the excellent work Jeff Z does on indexing FT which may well be enough for those who need it)  Although not of course the same ;-)

My vote is to have a magazine/periodical bibliography covering as much of the old stuff as can be found. I noticed that achieve.org has  some Traveller magazines I never got to see back then. Of course some of the material I did see was not purchased sue to lack of funds.

Tom Rux