On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Bruce Johnson <johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On May 21, 2015, at 11:48 AM, Jeffrey Schwartz <schwartz.jeffrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use the honorable, "all is as it seems" mode 90% of the time.
>
> Not only does it set the players up for the other 10%, but my particular group of players is so paranoid they spend the whole game planning on how to handle the double cross... which then doesn't happen... and then they feel good that they planned so well the Patron never had a chance to put one over on them.

I’ll bet they have a GREAT collection of Anti-tiger rocks, too! :-)

Exactly....

Although, sometimes, it's really frustrating from a GM point of view.

Me:"<description of location> <description of potential patron>"
Players:"Damn, it looks like a trap. I'm staying away from that guy!"

Me(thinking) "Ok, I'll just have a different person present the problem, and lure them into the adventure"

Me:" You see...."
Players:"Can we get back to the ship safely?"
Me:"Probably, but as you leave the building you see a guy with a broken vehicle. He turns to you, asking for help.."
Players:"He's in on it. Move along... we'll just wave and keep walking..."

I will give them this; they are in-char and consistent.
We had a new player join the game, and they went and deep-background checked him (Repeatedly. From different sources.) before even associating with him in-char.