On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Bruce Johnson <johnson@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On May 21, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Jim Vassilakos <jim.vassilakos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Of course, I started playing Traveller around the time of "The Empire Strikes Back," so I was probably influenced more by Star Wars than by any of the "golden age" science fiction upon which Traveller is based.

Such as ‘Space Viking’.. a novel that’s overtly about raiding less technologically advanced worlds for their valuables :-/

Or Piper's "A Slave is a Slave", which has just about everything Imperium in it.. including a flag of a "Yellow starburst in a cogwheel, on a black background." The story is as the Imperium is expanding, recontacting a "lost in the Long Night" world...

Story for free: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/20726