I’ve always assumed that there was a small railgun or coil gun that would “toss” the projectile away from the launcher, The projectile would then orient to the target and burn away.

I also always assumed that the bays did not launch “bigger” missiles, just scads of smaller ones. My description was always that a 50ton bay would launch 50 std missiles, and a 100 ton bay would launch 100.

Chalk it up to a lot of Robotech when I was a kid. ;-)

On Oct 22, 2015, at 8:32 AM, tmr0195@comcast.net wrote:

Hello Grimmund,

Thanks for the link and the question about personal
idea of launching bay missiles.

My image depends on the environment.

In an atmosphere,on the ground, or surface of a liquid
medium the launch is similar to the video clip.

In space or under the surface of a liquid medium the
missiles would be impulsed from the launcher using
a non-flammable medium before the rocket motor
ignites.

Of course if the local atmospheric or liquid mediums
are flammable then using an inert medium to impluse
them from the launch tube is probably in order too.

Tom R