And if Greg Chalik made consistent sense . . .

[such as by avoiding things like bizarre, totally-off-topic apparently-disparaging references to NASA]

. . . plus reset his send parameters so that his posts were not automatically obvious to all thanks to his GIANT BLUE TYPE FACE . . .

more list members might actually respond to his posts.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Greg Chalik <mrg3105@gmail.com> wrote:

On 02/01/2016 10:16 PM, "Richard Aiken" <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Greg Chalik <mrg3105@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If he asks - Would a sheet of iron rust in a near earth orbit, the suggestion that sheet iron is used in satellite construction should not enter the discussion at all AFAIK
>

> The only suggestion that iron was used in satellites was - or at least it appeared so to me and apparently to everyone else except you - to be a JOKE.

I didn't see anyone laughing...

>> If you don't have the answer, don't give a "near enough is good enough" one, because in space, that will kill you and everyone around you.
>

> It wasn't "near enough is good enough."
>
> It was "something roughly comparable is all we can find hard data for, so we must extrapolate."
>
> Because - you know - nobody uses IRON in NEAR EARTH ORBIT.
>
> YET.

And this isn't a NASA appreciation society either...

Greg C

> --
> Richard Aiken
>
> "Never insult anyone by accident."  Robert A. Heinlein
> "A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
> "We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous." Dean Winchester
>
> -----
> To unsubscribe from this list please goto
> http://archives.simplelists.com

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please goto
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=CKGWeUlXNVzOv9Ey6KwqX8aXjeTXlVSV