This sounds like an amazing concept, really interesting!

You'll be getting an email from me too.

Cheers,

James

From: xxxxxx@simplelists.com <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> on behalf of Phil Cooper <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:51 PM
To: xxxxxx@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [TML] Play by mail / zine

Wow, thank you all for such an immediately positive response!

First of all, let me set down some assumptions so you can decide if this is something you're interested in:

* I'd be using the CT Traveller Book (1982) as the ruleset, so vanilla characters from there.
* Non-imeprium setting, no (or very, very rare) sapient aliens, but similar gritty tech levels, no FTL comma etc, a homebrew subsector to explore.
* You'd each control a crew of one to five people.
* If you don't get one through chargen, you can have and name either a stock model scout or trader ship; I'll roll for how many years of mortgage payments are left.
* Focus on trade, exploration, politics, etc, not so much with dungeon crawling or running and gunning (probably some, though!)
* I'd take your turns by either email or postal mail, if you want to be really old school! You'd get personalised replies, plus the ongoing fiction would be written up into the ongoing zine. So that bit is collaborative, as good RP should be. The zine would be monthly (ish), free, and mailed to you and/or emailed and put online.

If that sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, I'd like characters and your ship, a crew name, with as much background as you'd care to write! You can send them to me at xxxxxx@gmail.com. Anything legal by the book is okay with me. And I'll start writing "issue one".

Phil.

On 18 May 2017 05:31, "Eric A. Rhude" <xxxxxx@panix.com> wrote:
> I'm considering running a CT/Traveller play-by-mail (email or postal!)
> game, with results combined into a zine to be distributed to players, and
> online after a delay. The idea is players would run a ship / crew each, do
> some exploration, trade and work for patrons, and the ongoing story would
> be told through the pages of the zine, which I'd aim to be monthly.
>
> Is this completely mad?
>
> --Phil

Phil, I completely love this idea!

I'm in, what do you need?

Eric

-----
The Traveller Mailing List
Archives at http://archives.simplelists.com/tml
Report problems to xxxxxx@simplelists.com
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=GF62OBuukdLUGHV9G4kxULbIYqVgGqj2
-----
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=S2MCYiLavOrDSL8a7G5iVTJbj2OJkCvm