Re: The Monocyclelives David Shayne (11 Apr 2014 00:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: The Monocyclelives greg@xxxxxx (11 Apr 2014 00:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: The Monocyclelives Knapp (11 Apr 2014 06:03 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: The Monocyclelives Postmark (11 Apr 2014 11:36 UTC)
Re: [TML] The Monocyclelives Bruce Johnson (11 Apr 2014 16:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] The Monocyclelives Bruce Johnson (11 Apr 2014 15:58 UTC)

Re: [TML] The Monocyclelives Bruce Johnson 11 Apr 2014 16:00 UTC

On Apr 11, 2014, at 12:35 AM, Postmark <xxxxxx@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2014, at 07:03, Knapp <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:57 AM, <xxxxxx@nokes.name> wrote:
>> Vroom?
>>
>> They go 10mph.
>>
>> Not really vroom worthy.
>>
>> That was the case with some E-bikes too but now the have E-bikes that can, "break the law", with a flip of a switch. I can't see the monbike being different in its evolution.
>
> Back in the dawn of the 3I, we had a 16g sub-orbital pogo stick*, so I don't see late 3I VROOM gangs being limited to walking pace...limited by the sound barrier and the ability to hang on, more like.
>
> *ok, I know that the designer claimed the pogo stick was capable of orbit, but that's not how you use a pogo stick - it's meant to come down as well as go up.

I forgot the pogo stick. IIRC that was one of Rod Elliot’s mad envelope-vaporizing designs, wasn’t it?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona