Traveller Wiki update: Trade Map Update Thomas Jones-Low (09 Jun 2014 11:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller Wiki update: Trade Map Update Ian Whitchurch (09 Jun 2014 12:36 UTC)
RE: [TML] Traveller Wiki update: Trade Map Update Anthony Jackson (09 Jun 2014 16:54 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller Wiki update: Trade Map Update Thomas Jones-Low (09 Jun 2014 17:10 UTC)

On 6/9/2014 12:54 PM, Anthony Jackson wrote:
> From: Thomas Jones-Low
>> The Nroute.c code, while functional, is getting long in the tooth.
>
> Heh. I don't even remember what the n stands for. Probably new.
>
>> * The Trade map summary has been updated:
>> http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Trade_map_summary
>
> Does that include the dot map on that page, which was originally done as a
> horrible abomination involving creating a .ppm file and then using external
> software to convert it to gif?

	No, that's still from the original. At the scale of the map there isn't much to
distinguish the changes. I may go back and do that again, sometime. Instead I
decided a better use of time was to see if I could put the data in a form the
TravellerMap site could use.

>> * The Trade Maps (PDF) have been updated
>
 > Another nit: the text description of the map still says that it was generated
 > with nroute.c.

	This is a simple template update, which I've just done.

> On looking at them, you've got some spacing problems -- the UWP is slightly
> higher up in the hex, which means it spills over more into adjacent hexes,
> and you've expanded the allegiance codes, resulting in them also spilling
> into adjacent hexes
>
> You might truncate all map lines at the edge of the map. Not a new problem,
> but it's more visible with this version because of the large dots at the
> start and end of each trade route jump.

	Thanks, I'll put it on the list of tweaks to work on.

--
         Thomas Jones-Low
Work:	tjoneslo@softstart.com