Looking for some old posts Andrew Long (04 Sep 2014 21:40 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for some old posts Timothy Collinson (05 Sep 2014 07:20 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for some old posts David Shaw (05 Sep 2014 08:52 UTC)
Re: [TML] Looking for some old posts Andrew Long (05 Sep 2014 10:17 UTC)

Re: [TML] Looking for some old posts Andrew Long 05 Sep 2014 10:16 UTC
On 5 Sep 2014, at 09:49, David Shaw wrote:
> On 05/09/14 08:20, Timothy Collinson wrote:
>>

>>> On 4 Sep 2014, at 22:50, Andrew Long <andrew.long@mac.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm looking for the thread from several years back that discussed
>>> education as "lies for children". I'm afraid that my google-fu has
>>> failed me completely. Can someone point me to the approximate
>>> period whem this was going down?
>>
>> Are you sure it was here? I have vague recollections of this being a
>> Terry Pratchett rant in, maybe, Hogfather??
>>
>> Which doesn't preclude it having been here as well!
>>
>> tc
>

> It's one of the central themes of one of the first two Science of Discworld books but I can't recall exactly which.

I don't remember it from Hogfather (doesn't mean it wasn't there - I'm having some 'senior' moments about book contents these days; I'm confusing a mention of 'spathic' between Willie Garvin and Jake Stonebender, f'rinstance!) but I'm fairly confident that there was such a debate in our lists.

Regards, Andy

--
Andrew Long
Andrew dot Long at Mac dot com