Vilani bilani biloni The Sayat Menace (30 Sep 2014 01:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] Vilani bilani biloni Evyn MacDude (30 Sep 2014 01:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Vilani bilani biloni Richard Aiken (30 Sep 2014 07:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] Vilani bilani biloni Ian Whitchurch (30 Sep 2014 08:32 UTC)
Re: [TML] Vilani bilani biloni Andrew Long (30 Sep 2014 09:43 UTC)

Re: [TML] Vilani bilani biloni Evyn MacDude 30 Sep 2014 01:51 UTC

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM, The Sayat Menace
<xxxxxx@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Look, personally, I think trying to model Vilani-anything after our own (n-thd-assed pop conception of our) selves is pissing in the wind. I'm in disagreement with Hans Ranke Madsen about this (amicably, I hope), but I don't believe that Vilani are "a race" in the sense of genetics, cognition, culture, or linguistics -- they're fucking aliens.
>
> But, if you want to find your aliens in "exotic" snd (let's be honest) "not mainstream" humans, give a dekkho here, for your 'sadly non-competitive and doomed, Chinese culture is nature; as is all Their culture" enjoyment.
>
> http://bloodandtreasure.typepad.com/blood_treasure/2014/09/a-21st-century-offering.html
>
> Vilani? You tell me.

Honestly it looks a lot like that from where I sit, but I was was an
Early Vilani as Chinese analog adopter, in that the Meme sprouted from
a face-to-face conversation with Glen Goffin, Jim Kundert, Dave
Summers and at least one other TML member at a local convention.
Mostly is was due to the nature that China as we in the west think
about is not quite as homogeneous as we think it is, just that there
are many little local cultures overlaid by a larger one..... And that
one is the one we in the west try to attribute across the board.

--
Evyn