Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Jeffrey Schwartz (24 Oct 2014 12:59 UTC)

Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Jeffrey Schwartz 24 Oct 2014 12:59 UTC

That is pretty darn spiffy.

I like the split computers, clever idea.
Is it really needed under HG rules, though?
Not to be morbid, but part of me kinda wonders if the computer has
taken 4 hits, how much jump drive would be left ? (grin)
That'd save a fifth or so of the ship's cost.
Alternately, would goosing the Mod/4 to a Mod/5 be worth it?
That would give a DefDM during combat as well, which might keep it
from being damaged in the first place.

I think dropping to 2 staterooms should work, since crew drops.
Maybe some kind of comment that the second stateroom is configurable
as bunks to load 4 Marine Commandos?
That'd let the IISS double up in one room, and handle the Marine requirement.

Air/Raft went away... but 1dt craft bay. Hmm...
Grav Belts for all the crew?
Make that room a special "EVA Airlock" with a rack for Grav Belts?
Or custom design a vehicle that fits?