Re: [TML] Original CT LBB's scoutship vs CT HG scoutship? tmr0195@xxxxxx 25 Oct 2014 13:29 UTC

Morning Evyn,

-----Original Message-----
From: Evyn MacDude
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 8:21 PM
To: xxxxxx@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [TML] Original CT LBB's scoutship vs CT HG scoutship?

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM,  <xxxxxx@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Sadly, the designer of the LBB2 1st edition express boat was able to pass
>> design without a power plant which became broken in LBB2 2nd edition and
>> LBB
>> 5 2nd edition. Personally I feel that the express boat was broken in LBB2
>> 1st edition when I got my first set of Traveller LBBs back in 1978 or
>> 1979.

>I had that Problem with the MegaTraveller release, got MT the morning
>we left San Dog for the IO, and my Challenge Subscription was running
>3 months behind me for the next 9 months. Still played an inordinate
>amount of games on that Cruise, My boat only got put in the water 3
>times in 9 months, had LOTS of free time.

Personally, I think requiring the power plant to have the same rating as the
jump
drive if it had the highest letter or largest rating in the upgrade from LBB
2 First
edition to the Second edition didn't happen. Another question that I never
was
able to ask back then.

Before Traveller my thing was of course D&D and the only time I played
that RPG at sea I was late for watch, not a good thing. Game playing was
done while
being in the off crew mode in Pearl Harbor. Once I found Traveller my D&D
time got
cut way down since I was spending time trying to get a handle on the
Traveller Universe.

In San Diego my haunt was Game Towne in Old Town which is where I purchased
everything. I think one of my cousins in San Diego informed me that Game
Towne has
gone out of business.

>> Back then the only way to ask a question and get answers was by snail
>> mail.
>> Being in a rotation of three months in Pearl Harbor and three months
>> onboard
>> a SSBN I probably would have forgotten what I asked in the first place.

>The PI was a more fun Duty Station, but at least Pearl Had a Game
>Store.....

True, Pearl did have a game store, I wish I could remember the game store's
name in
Pearl Harbor since that was one of my hang out spots. The closest I got to
PI was a
couple of hundred miles off the coast travelling submerged to a new area of
the Pac
to bore more holes in the ocean.

My tour on a tender forward deployed to the Mediterranean appears to be
similar to
your experience in the PI.

> --
> Evyn