Plasma counter-blast ? Jeffrey Schwartz (23 Mar 2015 14:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] Plasma counter-blast ? Bruce Johnson (23 Mar 2015 16:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] Plasma counter-blast ? Richard Aiken (23 Mar 2015 22:55 UTC)
Re: [TML] Plasma counter-blast ? Tim (24 Mar 2015 00:27 UTC)

Re: [TML] Plasma counter-blast ? Bruce Johnson 23 Mar 2015 16:30 UTC

> On Mar 23, 2015, at 7:09 AM, Jeffrey Schwartz <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/23/boeing-plasma-shield/
>
> So, I'm wondering...
> Can one use a plasma rifle with computer targeting to counter-blast the wave front of really big explosions ?

No; as described in canon, plasma weapons fire a magnetically-contained blob of high-density, high temperature plasma. This is kind of an electronic form of reactive tank armor. You blast a counter plasma 'shockwave' out to interfere with the incoming one. I kind of doubt that Boeing has any big tricks up their sleeve, this sounds more like an underwear gnomes business plan patent to me.
--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are." B. Banzai, PhD