Re: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com GDWGAMES@xxxxxx (16 Dec 2015 00:12 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com Ethan McKinney (16 Dec 2015 01:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] Mustering Out (was Re: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com) shadow@xxxxxx (17 Dec 2015 14:04 UTC)
Re[2]: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com Timothy Collinson (16 Dec 2015 05:52 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re[2]: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com Jeffrey Schwartz (16 Dec 2015 14:09 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re[2]: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com Richard Aiken (17 Dec 2015 02:55 UTC)
Re: [TML] Re[2]: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com Kelly St. Clair (17 Dec 2015 02:32 UTC)

Re: [TML] Mustering Out (was Re: Daily digest for tml@simplelists.com) shadow@xxxxxx 17 Dec 2015 14:04 UTC

On 16 Dec 2015 at 18:03, Kurt Feltenberger wrote:

> On 12/15/2015 11:21 PM, Richard Aiken wrote:
> > And they say the economy is recovering . . . yeah, right.
> >

> Only in politicians and economists minds.  I worked, past tense, for a
> third party logistics company that warehoused finished products for the
> largest cookie/biscuit bakery in the area among several other large
> local companies and from Jan 2013 to Jan 2014 our monthly billable
> receipts declined almost 30%.
>
> If there's a boom, it's not in this area.

There's a *huge* difference between "recovery" and "boom".

And frankly. you don't *want* a boom. That's when the economy is
expanding very fast. Booms are almost always followed by "busts"
because the growth wasn't sustainable (or, all too often, it was
effectively a ppyramid scheeme where early adopters made money but
later adopters lost big).

You want *steady* growth of the economy. Not rapid growth. at least
not overly rapid.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com