Re: [TML] Off-Topic: Been Binge-Watching Dark Matter On Netflix Bruce Johnson 21 Dec 2015 17:39 UTC

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 1:57 AM, Richard Aiken <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just finished Episode 2 of Killjoys. Really beginning to get into it now. One thing that especially struck me, particularly because I don't normally notice it: the soundtrack is really good. I think it enhances the show immeasurably.

It’s amazing that SyFy’s series (and miniseries…we saw the first episode of ’The Expanse’ and it ROCKED) are so damned good when their movies (“Dinocroc vs PihranaSnake vs Zombie Sharktopus”, that awful Nazi Zombie movie with the Big Bad stolen right from Doom. In glorious VGA resolution, to boot! etc) are so egregiously bad.

I know there’s a lot of ‘we’re consciously making a cheesy movie’ vibe to them but they’re so woodenly bad with truly atrocious ‘My Nephew just got a copy of Lightwave and those 3D models of the helicopter and the Velociraptor off the internets (you know the ones I’m talking about!) he’ll make the FX!’ SFX.

And they always have at least one low-level A or higher level B actor or actress in them, (often killed 5 minutes in ) my wife and I have taken to calling them ‘Alimovies’ as in “Poor *insert name*, got divorced *again* and has to make the alimony payments!”

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona