C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS) - Multiple components tonight Nick James (13 May 2020 22:01 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS) - Multiple components tonight Nick James (13 May 2020 22:41 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS) - Multiple components tonight Nick James 13 May 2020 22:40 UTC
Hi again,

Further to my earlier email, in addition to the three components in the
bright elongated coma and aligned with the ion tail there is a 17th mag
isolated component ahead of the broad sunward bar which is shown on the
lower left inset of the attached image. This is visible on two stacks
and moves with the comet. If anyone can get confirmation that would be
great.

I think the end is nigh for this comet but its demise is proving
fascinating to watch.

Nick.