C/2021 A2 NEOWISE image. Nick Haigh (10 Feb 2021 10:18 UTC)
(missing)
(missing)
(missing)
(missing)
(missing)
(missing)
C/2021 A10 (NEOWISE)- nonstellar Nick Haigh (11 Feb 2021 15:43 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2021 A10 (NEOWISE)- nonstellar Nick James (11 Feb 2021 19:22 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2021 A10 (NEOWISE)- nonstellar Nick Haigh (12 Feb 2021 11:22 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] C/2021 A10 (NEOWISE)- nonstellar Nick James 11 Feb 2021 19:22 UTC
Nick,

That is a great piece of work.

This is another NEOWISE discovery and it first appeared on the MPC
Possible Comet Confirmation Page (PCCP) as object N00hurv a few weeks ago:

https://britastro.org/cometobs/2021a10/2021a10_20210122_0609_ndj.html

It has a very cometary orbit but it didn't look very cometary so it
lingered on the PCCP for a long time before it was finally designated a
comet, see MPEC 2021-C25:

https://www.minorplanetcenter.net/mpec/K21/K21C25.html

Peter Birtwhistle at J95 was one of the observers who reported cometary
features.

I attempted to do what you have done last night but I was using 15s
exposures and so the comet was trailed by around 2.3 arcsec. When I
stack the stars so that they trail by 2.3 arcsec over the stack period I
got the same FWHM PSF for both comet and stars.

Your image is another good example of what can be done on a comet using
lots of short exposures with high resolution.

This object will be worth keeping an eye on as it comes to perihelion
just in case its activity ramps up.

Nick.