2021 A1 (Leonard) Jonathan Shanklin - BAS (02 Dec 2021 08:15 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Peter Tickner (02 Dec 2021 09:46 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Ronan Newman (02 Dec 2021 10:14 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Nick James (02 Dec 2021 10:41 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Jonathan Shanklin - BAS (03 Dec 2021 14:29 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Ronan Newman (03 Dec 2021 15:43 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Nick James (02 Dec 2021 10:34 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Jonathan Shanklin - BAS (02 Dec 2021 16:32 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] 2021 A1 (Leonard) Nick James 02 Dec 2021 10:34 UTC

Morning Jonathan/all,

It was a frustrating morning here with lots of fast moving cloud and
only a few short gaps. My best images were taken at around 04:00. I get
a total magnitude of 6.9 using comphot on the green pixels of my ASI294
referenced to Gaia DR2. The coma diameter is almost 16 arcmin and the
tail is visible on my image to around 1.5 deg. The image is here:

https://britastro.org/observations/observation.php?id=20211202_102625_1e4f221e76bcaf54

On the morning of November 29 I got 7.2 using comphot and the same
equipment. Thomas Lehmann kindly did a reduction of my images using
AIRTOOLS and got 7.13 (ref APASS) and 7.24 (ref Gaia EDR3) so both
software approaches a producing the same results.

There are quite a few BAA estimates on COBS. Do you want me to download
those for use in your analysis or will you do that?

I also have images with the HD11/IMX455 which I haven't processed yet
but they show a nice, compact pseudo-nucleus so no signs of anything bad
happening to this comet.

Nick.