RE: [BAA Comets] 29P-SW1: Second most intense outburst since 2010 February 02 rmiles.btee@btinternet.com 27 Nov 2022 10:47 UTC

Excellent result, Nick.

Now if we can get some decent 2.0-m images early next week, we can also try extrapolating the motion of the main condensation(s) and come up with another time-zero date.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: baa-comet@simplelists.com <baa-comet@simplelists.com> On Behalf Of Nick James
Sent: 27 November 2022 08:11
To: baa-comet@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [BAA Comets] 29P-SW1: Second most intense outburst since 2010 February 02

Hi Richard,

Here you go. The star chosen is at:

RA: 06:54:42.68 Dec: +29:11:57.2

It has a very different profile to the comet but I get 17 arcsec diameter to the same threshold as the comet (the examples are from the Nov 24 image). A linear fit to the measured diameters gives:

	dia = -110.64 + 5.81 * date [arcsec]

and this crosses the 17 arcsec line at 2022 Nov 21.99. This is consistent with your estimate and fits the magnitude data we have from Patrick.

Nick.