Comet C/2022E3 (ZTF) this morning Peter Carson (18 Jan 2023 15:18 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] Comet C/2022E3 (ZTF) this morning Nick James (18 Jan 2023 21:42 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] Comet C/2022E3 (ZTF) this morning Peter Carson (18 Jan 2023 22:03 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] Comet C/2022E3 (ZTF) this morning Nick James 18 Jan 2023 21:42 UTC

Peter,

Excellent picture.

Hopefully this will encourage everyone to make an effort to get out to
observe this comet while the moon is out of the way. It has been
remarkably well-behaved and is around mag 6 now on track to get to mag 5
at the end of the month.

The ion tail has a very low surface brightness but fast optics will
bring it out. I assume that this was the 100mm f/2. Did you use it wide
open?

We cross the comet's orbital plane on January 23 so we might see some
interesting dust features then.

Nick.