Guy Hurst BEM Nick James (17 Jun 2023 11:24 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] Guy Hurst BEM Guy Hurst (17 Jun 2023 12:08 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] Guy Hurst BEM denis buczynski (17 Jun 2023 12:17 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] Guy Hurst BEM Andrew Robertson (17 Jun 2023 13:35 UTC)

RE: [BAA Comets] Guy Hurst BEM Andrew Robertson 17 Jun 2023 13:35 UTC

Excellent news, well deserved.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: baa-comet@simplelists.com [mailto:baa-comet@simplelists.com] On Behalf Of Nick James
Sent: 17 June 2023 12:25
To: baa-comet@simplelists.com
Subject: [BAA Comets] Guy Hurst BEM

Guy Hurst, long-time editor of The Astronomer and officer of the BAA Comet Section has been awarded a BEM for services to amateur astronomy in this year's King's Birthday Honours.

I have known Guy since the early 1980s and no single person in this country has done more to promote active amateur astronomy and Pro-am cooperation.  This is a very well deserved award and I would like to congratulate Guy personally and on behalf of the BAA Comet Section.

The full honours list is here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1163217/BIRTHDAY-HONOURS-LIST-2023-PRIME-MINISTERS-LIST.pdf

Guy is also President of the Basingstoke Astronomical Society and my thanks to Alan Lorrain for bringing this to my attention.

Nick James. Director, BAA Comet Section.