12P Changing coma features Peter Carson (25 Jul 2023 19:16 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] 12P Changing coma features Nick James (26 Jul 2023 01:20 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] 12P Changing coma features Nick James 26 Jul 2023 01:20 UTC
Peter,

Thanks. That is a really nice image showing a very interesting third
"horn" in the dark band.

The coma continues to expand and my expansion plot so far is attached
including your very early image. This has a best linear fit expansion
rate of 13.25 arcsec/day which corresponds to around 190 m/s. If other
observers would like to add their coma diameter estimates to this plot
please send them to me.

My latest image from Chelmsford is here:

https://britastro.org/observations/userimg/20230726_011753_5cb6f1d582ec.jpg

Nick.