C/2023 H2 Lemmon Peter Tickner (09 Nov 2023 00:51 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2023 H2 Lemmon Wayne Hawley (09 Nov 2023 00:59 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2023 H2 Lemmon Nick James (09 Nov 2023 06:50 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2023 H2 Lemmon Peter Tickner (09 Nov 2023 08:31 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] C/2023 H2 Lemmon Peter Carson (09 Nov 2023 08:50 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] C/2023 H2 Lemmon Peter Tickner 09 Nov 2023 08:31 UTC

Hello Nick and colleagues

My apologies - it was meant to be right way round and North up but I was popping out to my observatory in between bouts of coughing - aftermath of a cold I haven’t totally shaken yet - and the camera was loaded on the scope in the dark with more haste than usual.

The FITS images were processed needing a vertical flip and should have finally come out the same orientation as my 12P images from the day before.   But it is possible in my confused state yesterday I flipped the images twice instead of once. I will go back to the original data and work out what has happened.

Both stacked images had to be heavily cropped before processing as the comet moved across the field of view so far in a short time. But the original star field image can be plate solved to answer the scale and orientation question. I know from past experience that the image scale from the camera will be around 0.361 or 0.362 arc secs per pixel.

Regards,

Peter

Sent from my iPhone