Director to be retired? Callum Potter (29 Dec 2023 23:29 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] Director to be retired? Nick James (30 Dec 2023 16:31 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] Director to be retired? Nick James 30 Dec 2023 16:30 UTC

Callum,

You can never be overstocked with comets!!

Since that article is dated 1890 January I guess that they are refering
to the discovery of 64P/Swift-Gehrels which he discovered on 1889 Nov
17. At that point Swift had discovered nine of his 13 comets. His son,
Edward Swift, also discovered a comet (54P/de Vico-Swift-NEAT) on 1894
Nov 21.

Nick.