Re: Daily digest for baa-comet@simplelists.com MIke OLASON (25 Mar 2024 18:49 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] Re: Daily digest for baa-comet@simplelists.com Nick James (25 Mar 2024 21:58 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] Re: Daily digest for baa-comet@simplelists.com Nick James 25 Mar 2024 21:58 UTC

Mike,

I'm not sure what you mean.

As far as I'm aware there are no other comets with the frequency and
amplitude of outbursts that we see in 29P. Our knowledge of that comet
comes through intensive monitoring by many amateurs as part of the BAA's
Mission 29P project coordinated by Richard.

Of course, any comet could outburst at any time. That is one of the
things that makes them such interesting objects to observe, but 29P
really is unique.

Nick.