From: California State Parks Foundation [mailto:ParkChampions@calparks.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:09 PM
Subject: Come Volunteer in California State Parks This Spring

Park Champions Program

Park Champions Silver Strand Oct 2016

Dear Gina,

Get outside, make new friends, and help your favorite state parks with a little spring cleaning! Be a Park Champion and improve plant and animal habitat at Fort Ross State Historic Park or spruce up the campgrounds for reopening at Salt Point and Mount Diablo state parks. Tools, training, snacks, and smiles included. We would love to see you there! Register and see a map here.

As a special thank you to our volunteers, we are offering free copies of a comprehensive hiking guide of popular trails at state parks across California. Supplies are limited. Volunteer soon to get your copy.

Upcoming Work Days

Salt Point State Park
(Sonoma County)
Sunday, March 26, 10am-3pm

Join us for this annual volunteer event to prepare the Woodside Campground for spring reopening. After such a wet winter, we will have plenty to do! Teens ages 14 and up welcome with legal guardian. Tent camping available in a group setting Saturday and Sunday.

Fort Ross State Historic Park
(Sonoma County)
Monday, March 27, 9am-noon

Hand pull fireweed and thistle to prevent the spread of these highly invasive species. Kids ages 12 and up welcome with a legal guardian. Camping available in a group setting at Salt Point State Park on Saturday and Sunday.

Mount Diablo State Park
(Contra Costa County)
Tuesday, April 4, 9am-2pm

Help tidy the campgrounds after a very wet winter! Specific tasks may include: using weed whippers to cut tall grasses, raking fallen debris from campsites, and installing new bollards. Kids ages 12 and up welcome with a legal guardian.

Please visit calparks.org/parkchampions to register and see a complete calendar of upcoming events! Hope we see you at a workday soon!

Sincerely,

Phoebe Oelheim
California State Parks Foundation