The Dye Creek Nature Preserve in Los Molinos uses cattle to graze the preserve.  I was shocked to hear it at first, but now that I know the reality of the struggle against invasive annual grasses, etc. I can better appreciate how grazing is actually preserving native perennials,  when properly timed and managed.  Maybe there are some folks there at the preserve that could answer some questions you may have. Hope this helps

On May 24, 2017 3:54 PM, "Katelyn Detweiler" <detweiler.katelyn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Teri,

I have taken more than one management intensive grazing and holistic management courses and am a big fan of management intensive grazing on my own small farm. The results are fantastic! I am also working on a deck of target noxious weed cards as part of my job and have come across multiple resources that mention using grazing as a management tool to certain invasive. While I do not have experience in it myself, I wanted to take a minute to applaud and cheer you on for giving it a try! I would love to stay in touch and hear more about your experience!

Best,
Katelyn Detweiler
215 872-6365

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Teri G. <teri@srdogs.com> wrote:

Thank you.  Has anyone on this list had experience using cattle for invasive plant management?

From: calweedtalk@simplelists.com [mailto:calweedtalk@simplelists.com] On Behalf Of Teri G.
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:38 PM
To: calweedtalk@simplelists.com
Subject: CalWeedTalk Cattle grazing for invasive plant management

What is the best resource to find out about the effectiveness of cattle grazing for invasive plant management?  The community in which I live is experimenting with a grazing program, and I would like to find out more about its potential for success.  Thank you.

Teri Goodman

California Invasive Plant Council, www.cal-ipc.org