From: Ian Gilliver <ian.gilliver01@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 4:42 PM
Subject: MDOC: invitation to mapping training with Rod Postlethwaite
To: mdoc@simplelists. com <mdoc@simplelists.com>

Dear all

Thanks to Peter Ross for organising the training in the Basic Skills Modules relating to OCAD mapping, and thanks to Martin Green who assisted throughout.

Rod Postlethwaite (WRE), an award-winning mapper, has re-confirmed that he is willing to tutor members of MDOC in cartographic skills and he has offered us 3 Saturdays:
28 March
4 April
18 April
Depending on demand, we will either fix on the most-popular date, or ask Rod if he would be willing to come up from Telford for a second date to tutor a different group of people.

The training will take place in the larger of two classrooms, recently made available to the public, and situated above the visitor centre and shop in Bramhall Park.
The room is available between 10:00 and 17:00.
There are adjacent kitchen facilities where you can make hot drinks and the cafe will be open downstairs.

Rod will divide the day between fieldwork appropriate to updating the existing Bramhall Park O-map, and applying and refining your existing mapping skills.
The session(s) will address both classic and urban mapping requirements.
Attendees should bring a clipboard, coloured pens, a ruler and a compass. It would also be useful if they also had a GPS measuring tool - Garmin or an App like Avenza.

We are aware that some members might find it difficult to be available on any of these three Saturdays and so we propose to arrange one or more further workshops in which skills learned in Rod's training can be cascaded to other club members.
Your attendance at Rod's session would be taken to imply that you would be willing to pass on the knowledge gained to others at a later date.

With MDOC's 6 OCAD licences and perhaps 2 people to a laptop, we will limit each session to 12 people.

If you are interested in attending Rod's training would you please reply to me by Wednesday 11 March stating which of the 3 dates you would be able to attend.
If you would like to be trained but can't attend on any of these three dates, please let me know.

Thank you
Ian
07768 978763