From: Christine Midgley Robinson <cmidgleyrobinson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 16:19
Subject: Coronavirus and CompassSport Cup & Trophy 15 March
To: Miriam Rosen <miriamrosen@btinternet.com>, Stuart Graham <dr.stuartgraham7@yahoo.com>, Keith Tonkin <keith@coria.co.uk>, Alan Irving <cumbriaal@msn.com>, Tom Fellbaum <tomfellbaum@gmail.com>, Heather Heppenstall <hmheppenstall@gmail.com>, Louise Dunn <louisecapper@ymail.com>, Rob Browne <rob.browne88@gmail.com>, Judy Burge <burge811@btinternet.com>
Cc: Ali Hooper <ali@onlineorienteer.co.uk>, Andy Robinson <andyloofarobinson@gmail.com>, Nick Howlett <nickhowlett21@gmail.com>

Dear Club Captains and LOC officials

I have received numerous emails this morning concerning the Coronavirus and so I am contacting you as club captains and LOC officials (some of whom have seen the earlier emails) for your opinions.

I am monitoring government and BOF guidance, which would suggest at the moment that we could go ahead, with suitable warnings.  EPOC have over 600 entrants in a very small urban area and have not yet cancelled or indeed put up any statement, so I am keeping an eye on them too.

I am particularly keen to hear from other clubs whether you are losing competitors because of their concerns.  If this would result in an unfair competition then that would itself be a reason to postpone/cancel.

Similarly, I have probably lost six key volunteers this morning, so I am starting to have concerns as to whether we can actually run the event.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on the matter before we make any decision.

Regards
Christine

Christine (Robinson)
CompassSport Cup & Trophy Regional Heat 2020 Organiser