From: Christine Midgley Robinson <cmidgleyrobinson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020, 01:02
Subject: CompassSport Cup & Trophy - going ahead
To: Martyn Roome <Martyn@mroome.myzen.co.uk>, Keith Tonkin <keith@coria.co.uk>, Stuart Graham <dr.stuartgraham7@yahoo.com>, Alan Irving <cumbriaal@msn.com>, Tom Fellbaum <tomfellbaum@gmail.com>

Please forward to your members.

In view of the escalating Coronavirus problem, we have consulted widely and, following advice from British Orienteering, based on the Government's advice, we believe we can safely go ahead with the competition on Sunday.   All other CompassSport Cup & Trophy competitions are going ahead around the country.

However please consult the LOC website tomorrow in case there is a dramatic turn of events.

Everyone should please visit the LOC website and follow the link to read British Orienteering's guidance.  If you fall into any of the categories mentioned as being at risk, then please do not come to the event on Sunday.  LOC helpers: please let me know if this applies to you.

We will follow the risk management guidance, so please note:

Bring a hand sanitiser if you have one;

There will be only limited results on display; the advice is to have no results to prevent crowds congregating.  However, knowing how keen everyone will be to see the team results unfold, we ask only captains or their representatives to visit the results display;

Take away your own rubbish;

Clubs can decide whether to bring a club tent or not;

Oh and bring your own loo roll!  We have bought some, but not as many as I would have liked as some shops were out of stock.

I hope to see you on Sunday.

Christine Robinson (LOC)

CompassSport Cup & Trophy Regional Heat 2020 Organiser