Dave

Sent from Samsung tablet.

-------- Original message --------
From: Peter Ross <p.ross1@btinternet.com>
Date: 16/06/2020 09:32 (GMT+00:00)
To: David Mawdsley <mawdsleyd@gmail.com>, Grahame Crawshaw <grahamecrawshaw@gmail.com>
Subject: Navvies Update

Dave, Grahame

Please can you send this to your followers.

Many thanks.

Peter

Navvies Update

The Navvies website has just got better. Ian has put the 's'  into 'https' which is no mean feat when working with a Raspberry Pi and Linux. (No, I'm not sure either) but I can tell you that Navvies is now as safe as anything else on the internet. Your browser will love it. https://navvies.ddns.net/

Meanwhile back in the real world of virtual controls and postcards I am happy to report that we have a winner of the introductory prize. Yes, those postcards are rolling in, and I am extending the offer to handcraft a Postbox challenge for the sender of a postcard to 28 Sunnybank Road, WA14 3PW whilst on an existing run - or bike ride. Yes, we are two thirds of the way to a Postbox triathlon!

Quickie. Should gold postboxes get double points? Points of view to navvies@btinternet.com

There has also been interest shown in the Manchester M60 O-Ringen Project whose aim  is to create a MapRun event that circumnavigates Manchester. Armchair Planners with a working knowledge of OOMAP required. Between you and me OOMAP is not hard; could take as long as thirty minutes to become fully qualified.  Applications to navvies@btinternet.com

Finally, no takers for GPS art. How dispiriting. Did none of you watch Grayson Perry's Art Club? It's time to express yourselves in a medium you all love and cherish. Write to navvies@btinternet.com to access everything you need to take your first steps.

Add https://navvies.ddns.net/ to your Favourites. It's as wholesome as American Pie.

Cheers

Peter