MDOC News - first edition of new format bulletin attached Marie Roberts (04 Dec 2023 19:18 GMT)
RE: [MDOC] MDOC News - first edition of new format bulletin attached John Kewley - STFC UKRI (05 Dec 2023 12:33 GMT)

RE: [MDOC] MDOC News - first edition of new format bulletin attached John Kewley - STFC UKRI 05 Dec 2023 12:33 GMT

Thanks Marie - nice work.

One clarification - Ben and I were (along with Tom Dobra) were 6th equal at the World Trail Orienteering Championship Relays, not 3rd. As in all Orienteering disciplines at Major Championships (WOC, WTOC, EOC, ETOC, etc) first 3 get medals (GBR last one won in 2019 with JK, Tom Dobra and Charles Bromley Gardner at WTOC), but top 6 get Diplomas (unlike Olympics where it is top 8). It was a tight run thing with SWE in 5th place only 0.5s in front and FIN and GBR equal on time and NOR a further 31s behind - so 1s quicker and we'd have been 5th, 1s slower and we'd have been 7th and off the [extended] podium.
The photo shows the Diploma winning teams (7 rather than the usual 6).

Cheers

JK