RE: Vivitrol offers the fantasy of being drug-free — but doesn't deliver Percy Menzies 01 Oct 2018 21:04 UTC

The author, Daniel Wolf is an executive with the Open Society Foundation run by George Soros. The avowed goal of this foundation is drug legalization and they view naltrexone as a barrier to their goals. Naltrexone was developed by the federal government as a prophylactic non-opioid for patients returning home after residential treatment or incarceration. Naltrexone is best described as: Medication Assisted Prevention.

In the present battle against the opioid epidemic we need to deploy every available medication to save lives and getting patients back into being productive members of society. We have exactly three medications to fight the battle and it serves no purpose attacking each other. All three medications, methadone, buprenorphine and naltrexone have their place in treatment. The goal of treatment has to be: harm reduction to harm elimination to harm avoidance.  Our success is going to be based on how intelligently and creatively we use these medications and combine them with behavior therapies to get patients back into a thriving mode. Everyone of these medications can meet the treatment goal when used appropriately.

Thank you,

Percy Menzies, M. Pharm.
Assisted Recovery Centers of America (ARCA)
6651 Chippewa Street
Suite #224
St Louis, MO 63109
Tel. 314-645-6840
Email: percymenzies@arcamidwest.com
Websiite: arcamidwest.com

-----Original Message-----
From: opioidstr@simplelists.com <opioidstr@simplelists.com> On Behalf Of Robert Riley II
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:51 PM
To: Str List <opioidstr@simplelists.com>
Subject: Vivitrol offers the fantasy of being drug-free — but doesn't deliver

https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/29/vivitrol-methadone-opioids/

Sent from my iPhone
---------------------------
Please do not post Protected Health Information (PHI) on this listserv.

To reply, click "reply all", type in your message, and send your email.
To create a new message string, create a new message and send it to opioidstr@simplelists.com.

To access the archive of conversations, visit http://archives.simplelists.com/opioidstr

All messages are cleared through a moderator, and then posted to the group. Please allow up to 1 business day for your message to be approved.
To switch to one daily digest message instead of multiple messages per day, contact Phil Horn, Missouri Opioid STR Project Manager, at philip.horn@mimh.edu, with the subject line, "Request daily digest".