My source:  CONSER Cataloging Manual (CCM), 2006 cumulation, Module 16.

16.2.3 Major changes in title proper (requiring a new, successive record) Category a "The addition, deletion, change or reordering of any of the first five words unless the change belongs to one of the categories in AACR2 21.2Cb (see CCM 16.2.4.)."

16.2.4 Minor changes in title proper (exception to above; ergo, no new, successive record)

"AACR2 21.2C2b lists nine provisions for minor changes, many of which provide exception to the major change rule."

Category ii

"An article, preposition , or conjunction is added, deleted, or change anywhere in the title.  Give an added entry if the change occurs in the first five words."

My opinion:  no new record required.  Add a 246 for Britain.  The change is in the first five word (category a); but, the change is consider minor because it fits category ii.

However, I've been wrong before, many times . . . just ask my exes!

That being said, a successive OCLC record (310295837) does exist and links back to the CONSER record (042 = lc |a nsdp) for In Britain, but the CONSER record does not link forward.

Regards,

Todd Butler

Serials Librarian

Scarborough-Phillips Library