From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Matthew Person
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:39 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] usage statistics question

This is a question about how you make collection development decisions using usage statistics.

So I've spent the summer creating spreadsheets with usage stats per title, and cost per use (one day I'll use Sushi for this...)

Just wondering is anyone has insights on where you go from here...
do you have cut off points where you say something like : "any cost per use above xx dollars will be a canceled title" ?

or any other helpful advice.

Thanks,
Matt Person
MBLWHOI Library

--
>)))'>
         >))'>
                      >)'>
Matthew Person
Technical Services and Serials Coordinator
MBLWHOI Library     www.mblwhoilibrary.org
7 MBL Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543
508-289-7345
              >>}}}'>