Dear Carley,

Thank you for your recommendation. I didn’t look at this website, but this is a good idea. I am looking for a vendor who can supply serials related to medicine and health care. It is not easy to find a reliable small vendor in the country. Fortunately, I have received some good recommendations from colleagues, so it should help.

Thank you again,

Alla

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Carly Bachman
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:36 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] South American Vendors

Hi Alla,

Hmmm....we receive the majority of our serials from the region via exchange or donation so I don't have a specific vendor name to offer you.  However, if I were to start MY own search, I would definitely talk to someone at SALALM (Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials ).  Have you taken a look at their website (http://www.salalm.org/) or contacted anyone?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but best of luck!  If SALALM can't help, write me back and I will try and contact someone from a different library in the region.

Carly Bachman
Serials Librarian
UN-ECLAC
Santiago, Chile