From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Sally Krash
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:04 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] ECS journals

Hello all,

Today I received the AIP Journals 2010 price bulletin. In it I discovered that the Electrochemical Society has decided that corporate libraries need to pay more than twice as much as academic libraries. In the past, there was only one price. So, if we were to continue our subscription to the ECS Digital Library, which we are not, we would face a 115% price increase. We may have to subscribe to the Journal of the ECS, which still be a 75% price increase over what we paid for the whole library last year.

Does the ECS not understand that everyone in the library community is having to cut back in this economy, and a 115% price increase just isn’t going to cut it?

Sally Krash

Library Group Leader

Southwest Research Institute

210.522.3097