From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Brangiel
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:11 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Wiley journal renewal

**Apologies for duplicate messages**

Hi,

We have had a very difficult renewal experience with Wiley this year.  We began discussions with them in late September and have been in communication with 4 different people, at different management levels in the company, but we still don’t have an invoice.  They don’t return phone calls or respond to emails; their unresponsiveness and poor customer service is really unacceptable.  What’s even more frustrating is they are quick to turn off access early in the new year, even though they are responsible for any delay in billing and payment.  We had similar problems last year with our renewal but were told they were due to the Wiley-Blackwell merger.  So what’s the problem for 2010?  Are others experiencing the same issues; is this a company wide problem?

Thank you in advance.

Jessica Brangiel

Electronic Resources Librarian

Manager, Interlibrary Loan