From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Thompson,Tracey
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:39 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Summing up?

We have not yet received it.  When I read the note from our vendor, I took it to mean that the next one we would receive would be in March.

According to the publisher "Summing up" now replaces the NCTM
News Bulletin; it is available online and e-mailed twice a
month.

"Summing Up" is also printed in a hard copy and mailed out four
times a year March, May, September, and December. The last hard
copy issue of NCTM News Bulletin was July Vol. 45 #1.

However, I did ask what type of online access would be provided.  Is it IP or UN/PW?  I have not heard back yet.  Does anyone know the answer?

Tracey Thompson
Acquisitions Librarian/College Asst. Professor
New Mexico State University Library
MSC 3475 PO Box 30006
Las Cruces, NM 88003

Phone: 575-646-8093
Fax: 575-646-7077
Skype: Jenymn
SL: Jenymn Mersand
According to my vendor, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics subscriptions (Journal for Research in Mathematics Education) would no longer include NCTM Bulletin but instead

According to the publisher "Summing up" now replaces the NCTM
News Bulletin; it is available online and e-mailed twice a
month.

"Summing Up" is also printed in a hard copy and mailed out four
times a year March, May, September, and December. The last hard
copy issue of NCTM News Bulletin was July Vol. 45 #1.

The NCTM website tells me:

Starting with this issue, the twice-monthly Summing Up replaces the News Bulletin’s nine print issues a year. A new print communication, published three times a year, will arrive on your doorstep in December.

Has anyone gotten it yet?  I have a list of libraries with collections akin to ours that I search regularly for things like this, and none of them are showing it.

TIA -

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept., Cofrin Library
University of WI-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries."
                              Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog