From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Lawless, Jane
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:13 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Cessation of serials check in and claiming

We still check in everything --  except newspapers.  We have about 300 print titles at this point.

We are investigating a procedure where only critical (e.g. costly and/or not available through any on-line resource) will trigger claims.

It’s possible that, from there, we’ll move to checking in only those critical titles – but we have not discussed that yet.

Jane

Jane Lawless

Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian

Levin Memorial Library

Curry College

1071 Blue Hill Avenue

Milton MA 02186