DePauw University chose some time ago to not load all the e-journal information into the Catalog and we quit adding JSTOR, Project Muse, ACS, and other information into our ILS.  What we chose to do instead, is create a journals tab within our OPAC and home page, that does an SFX search.  The patron does not realize they are searching a separate system, and everyone finds everything they need.  We have ran it this way since about 2005 and it has worked extremely well.  We did load our print holdings into SFX via an import. So, the users find everything they need.

In addition, new tools like Primo can ingest your link resolver database, potentially eliminating the need to load all that into your ILS.

- Sherri Parker

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Martha Spicuzza <mspicuzza@hillsdale.edu> wrote:

We add full catalog records for all JSTOR titles.  It is another point of access for our students and faculty.  JSTOR has become one of our most heavily used databases.

Martha Spicuzza

Techical Services Librarian/Serials

Hillsdale College Mossey Library

33 E College Street