From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Jackie Burns
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:11 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Institutional access to online publication

I contacted an organization that publishes an online publication to inquiry if they had institutional access (IP) and subscriptions.  On their website they only showed un/pw access for individual subscriptions.  Someone from the organization contacted me and said they are interested in offering institutional access, but do not know how to go about doing that.  I believe they could have their publication put on a hosting site where the site (e.g. Informaworld) manages IPs/access, but is there another way they could do it where their publication remains on their site/server?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Jackie Burns

Distance Education Librarian

Missouri Western State University Library

4525 Downs Drive

St. Joseph, MO 64507

816-271-5803

jburns@missouriwestern.edu