This is a good question. I don’t remember getting any notifications from subscription agents. In fact, I’ve been meaning to talk to my agent about including the online coverage information in the subscription records so when we order a new e-journal we know what years we get access to.

I do remember getting notices from a few publishers. Generally they announce that they now have an online journal archive available for purchase that includes information on what a current subscription now covers. It’s pretty hit or miss, though I think it has settled down a bit as more publishers separate current subscriptions from online archives.

Buddy Pennington

Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian

UMKC University Libraries

800 East 51st Street

Kansas City, MO  64110

816-235-1548

The University Libraries is an essential partner in intellectual discovery, knowledge

creation, and empowerment.