From: Barbara Rauch
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:33 PM
Subject: [SERIALST] Scratched DVD/CDs

Dear colleagues
I'm seeking some advice about scratched DVDs/CDs.  What is your practice.  Do you attempt to have them re-surfaced or re-filled?  For our popular and cheaper discs we are simply replacing them if they stop working, but for the expensive Engineering, Management or Art & Design, or multi-disc sets how do you deal with this problem?
Have you purchased equipment and can you recommend any particular makes and models?

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Barbara.

Barbara Rauch

Acquisitions Coordinator, Bibliographic Services

AUT University Library

B-30, WA Building, 55 Wellesley St East

Private Bag 92006, Auckland 1142

Ph. +64 (09) 921 9999 ex 8874